Sunday, April 29, 2007

Viva Fiesta!!

Well, Fiesta 2007 is over, and I am tired!! We went to a few of the events of this San Antonio celebration, including some parades. Last Saturday we went out to Market Square, sat at a table and had jumbo margheritas. Yumm. Friday, we braved the sun and the heat and went to the Battle of the Flowers parade, downtown. This is the 3rd time that we have attended, and by far the best weather, though I still got burnt! I love seeing all of the dresses and the different floats! My husband had a great time, with mucho imbibing going on. We went with friends, and after the parade, we decided to go back and jump in the pool. That was around 5pm, and we stayed in the jacuzzi until around midnight. We even ate our pizza in the jacuzzi!! I was the designated driver, as usual, and drove my drunk husband home. The next morning I was up at 6:30am to get ready for the King William's Parade. I dressed as a Southern Belle and walked with the Library float passing out children's books. It was hot, but not too bad with the hoop skirt on. I now know why hoops were invented!! It creates a/c under there!! After the parade, where I walked about 2 miles, I took a nap, then we got ready for the night parade, Flambeau. That was cool! Especially the Dia de las muertos group. All the skeltons and stuff. The music was great, and we threw a ton of beads that hubby got from Mardi Gras. Right at the end of the parade, the sky opened up and dumped a ton of rain on us. I was soaked! And, as designated driver, again, I got us all safely home. Hubby went back out with friends, but I went to sleep. Now I am looking forward to when I can sleep in again!! I'll post pictures soon!!

No comments: