Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What's the special occasion??

NOTHING! Can I dress up just for the hell of it? I mean, I do work at a place where we have to look decent, professional, fitting our "business" environment. When I wear skirts nobody bats an eye, but wear a dress? I get asked about 50 times during the day what the occasion is.

Know what is funny, though? I felt ugly putting this dress on so I went and got my face waxed so I could look like a girl again, and I repainted my toenails, and even put on lip gloss??!! Something about wearing this makes me want to do more. Wish I had some eye liner!!

So, nothing new here, just trying to get school paid for by Friday, find someplace to stay in D.C. for 7 adults, all with different lengths of stay, and buy airline tickets by this weekend too. It's crazy! I remember how poor I was after going to D.C. last time, even with it getting reimbursed. Now, it's my own money, and I'm staying for 11 nights!! Killer hotel bill. May try to stay with friends or something while there. We'll see.

Gotta get on the ball and scrap some in the next two days. I have some challenges that I want to enter, but I haven't been in the mood. Tired everyday after work, just want to go read a book and sleep. Have a lot of books checked out at the library, too many to read. My eyes are bigger than my....brain?? LOL! I think I have 39 checked out right now. It's like a small mountain next to my bed. And, school is starting next Monday, and I already have a huge reading list. I've read one already from the list, and decided to try and read a required book every other time I read. That way I can read from my mountain as well as for school.

Found a new inspiration challenge this week, on Crystal Jeffrey Rieger's blog. Basically you use a small blank journal and follow her prompts each week. Check it out here:

Weekly Challenge Intro
Week #1 Prompt

Very similar concept as Ali E's Daily Something and Emily Falconbridge's Deck of Me. Check it out 'cause you'll be hooked.

2 comments:

Tami said...

look at all your daily something. i like seeing them all in one place!

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=photo to sketch 6.51 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg