Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day Storytime @ the Library

I was able to sub for the children's library again last week for the Mother's Day Storytime. Here are the books and songs that I used:

Hello - 

“Clap and Sing Hello!” (Tune: Farmer in the Dell)
We clap and sing hello,
We clap and sing hello,
With our friends at storytime,
We clap and sing hello!
(Wave and sing hello; stomp and sing hello.)

Talk about mommies, encourage kids to look at pictures of mom. Show mine.

Book - Mama Hen's Big Day by Jill Latter

Song - Mother's Day Song

     (Tune - You are my sunshine)

     I love you mommy
     My dearest mommy
     You make me happy
     When I am sad.
     I want to show you
     How much I love you.
     Here's a hug
     For Mother's Day!

Book - Is Your Mama a Llama? By Deborah Guarino

Action Rhyme - Moms Are Best

     Teddy Bears are nice to clutch
     To hold, to feel, to love, to touch
          (pretend to hug and pet toy bear)
     But mommies are the best of all
     To hug and kiss when you are small.
          (Give a big hug and kiss)

Flannel - Five Little Ducks

Book - I Love My Mommy by Giles Andreae

Goodbye Song - Goodbye, so long, farewell my friend

Craft - handprint flower craft (already assembled)

It was a lot of fun and I hope they let me volunteer in the future!

Jessica

No comments: