Thursday, October 25, 2007

Working with teens...

A co-worker at SAPL left for Nashville a couple of weeks ago and I am filling in for her in the teen department, Youth{Wired}. I'll be here 3 days out of 5, helping at the desk and with programs. Great chance for me to get some experience with teens and to become more comfortable with them. You can visit their website here, and they have a Flickr page too. It's a fun department with some great kids. Tonight we are making earrings, for Halloween. Too bad the skull beads didn't get here in time 'cause the boys might have made some too. Oh well.

Trying to catch up on homework today. Reading The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman, a graphic novel about a Holocaust survivor. It won a pulitzer prize. It's really good, and it's a true story. The author just made the characters mice instead of humans. People thought he was crazy for creating this but it started a lot of talk about graphic novels. This book has two stories in it, A Survivor's Tale and Here My Troubles Began. If you have never picked up a graphic novel, this is a good one, very easy to follow, and very interesting.


So, my life consists of homework, work, more homework, and latenight games to relax my brain. I like playing Stronghold. You get to build stuff in it. You also have to fight using an army, but I'm finally getting the hang of it.

No comments: