Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Southern Belle Wannabe!!


Here I am at the King William Parade in San Antonio. The Library had a float where we dressed up as fictional characters. And no, I'm not little Bo Peep. I'm a Southern Belle, maybe a young Scarlett.
Anyway, they have a tradition at the parades down here where they yell for the ladies to "Show their shoes!" So, I wore argyle socks and lime green shoes. Parade goers loved it.
I also figured out the purpose of a hoop skirt. I thought it was a dumb fashion, but it provides air conditioning down there. Keeps you very cool. Only my chest and face were warm, mostly because of the sunburn I got the day before.
The parade was fun, and long. I walked and passed out children's books, but the float was hauling ass, so eventually, several of us were way behind. It was a good day. Went home and took a nap afterwards!!

No comments: